Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Bubble Chart with text as description of an axis

I want to create some kind of portfolio chart for purchasing.
The x-axis shall show the supply risk.
The x-axis shall show the costs.
I only want to differ between high and low for both - risk and costs.
The bubble size will be defined by the purchasing volume of the product
category.

How do I use the text "high risk", "low risk", "high costs" and "low costs"
as description of the axis. At the moment it automatically creates me figures
there.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
schleimer said:
I want to create some kind of portfolio chart for purchasing.
The x-axis shall show the supply risk.
The bubble size will be defined by the purchasing volume of the product
category.

Is this like a BCG, or "Boston Consulting Group" chart? Have you seen Ed
Ferrero's implementation? It may give you some ideas.

http://www.edferrero.com/ExcelCharts...2/Default.aspx

(However, Ed's Excel chart site seems to be down at the present time)

How do I use the text "high risk", "low risk", "high costs" and "low costs"
as description of the axis. At the moment it automatically creates me figures
there.

Create a bubble range with invisible bubbles, placed where you want the
text to be, then customise the labels to read the text required. Use
this as an example:

http://www.branta.demon.co.uk/excel/...spotmatrix.xls

Here, I used labelled invisible bubbles to create the "axis labels" KPC
1, Company A etc.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Yes, that's exactly what I want to create: A BSC chart.
The tips you gave me helped already a lot. But I'm sure I will face
additional problems.