Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Simple Number Formatting on Chart Axes

(Excel 2007) For the majority of charts I make, I need to adjust the number
formatting -- generally just removing a few decimal places, formatting as %,
etc.

In Excel 2003, you used the "fewer decimal places" formatting button or the
"%" button or whatever simple format you wanted and that was it.

In Excel 2007, the formatting commands on the ribbon are greyed out when I'm
in a chart -- and the only way I can figure out to do that same one-button
task is the following:
1) select the axis,
2) right click, choose format axis
3) click on the number tab in the format window
4) manually enter the number of decimal places I want to show using the
keyboard
5) click "add" (even though that's not how it works anywhere else in Excel...)
6) click OK

Is there some chart formatting ribbon command or shortcut that I'm not
seeing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

No, this was another way they found to increase the clicks required by the
new UI.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"aphil02" wrote in message
(Excel 2007) For the majority of charts I make, I need to adjust the
number
formatting -- generally just removing a few decimal places, formatting as
%,