Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default XY scatter plot

Hi,

I have data in 3 columns as follows:
First column is the category
Second column is X value
Third column is Y value.

Now I want to draw an XY scatter plot with X & Y values, with the categories
in column A as legends/labels.

How do I do it? Excel creates 2 series instead :(
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Select the numerical columns (B & C) and make your XY chart. Use one of
these two free utilities to add the labels range as labels to the chart:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"JayK" wrote in message

I have data in 3 columns as follows:
First column is the category
Second column is X value
Third column is Y value.

Now I want to draw an XY scatter plot with X & Y values, with the
categories
in column A as legends/labels.

How do I do it? Excel creates 2 series instead :(

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

This would be useful for me.
I downloaded one of the suggested free utilities.
I created a sample chart but do not know how to invoke the utility.
Any suggestions?
thanks