Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Which chart type to use

This should be pretty simple, I need to compare the body weight and brain
weights of 3 different animals. THere is a signifigant difference between
the brain and body weight of each, for instance, Humans are avg 160 lbs and
brain is 3.5 lbs. I tried a column chart but you dont see the brain data,
it is too small compared to the body weight. What type of chart would best
display this data? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

XY chart, body weight along X, brain weight along Y, data labels to identify
the species. Use one of these utilities to provide the custom data labels:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Vicky" wrote in message
This should be pretty simple, I need to compare the body weight and brain
weights of 3 different animals. THere is a signifigant difference
between
the brain and body weight of each, for instance, Humans are avg 160 lbs
and
brain is 3.5 lbs. I tried a column chart but you dont see the brain
data,
it is too small compared to the body weight. What type of chart would
best
display this data? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I used the XY chart, but I am not seeing how this is helpful. The X and Ys
do not seem to be aligned with eachother. Is this what the utility does?
Tried downloading the first, but it ddnt work. COuldnt find the second.
Any other thoughts?

"Vicky" wrote in message
This should be pretty simple, I need to compare the body weight and brain
weights of 3 different animals. THere is a signifigant difference
between
the brain and body weight of each, for instance, Humans are avg 160 lbs
and
brain is 3.5 lbs. I tried a column chart but you dont see the brain
data,
it is too small compared to the body weight. What type of chart would
best
display this data? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I don't know what you mean, that the X and Y are not aligned with each
other. I looked up some data from the web and made two charts, one a regular
XY chart, and one with logarithmic scales for X and Y. Check it out:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/BrainBodySize.zip

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP