Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Combine a Bubble chart with other chart type

I need to prepare a chart including below information:

Overdue size of 10 customers
Overdue % of AR of 10 customers
AR Outstanding days of 10 customers
Target of Overdue % of AR
Target of AR Outstanding days

I am thinking of use a Bubble chart to demonstrate information of 10
customers and use a rectangle shadow to show the target. But I don't know how
to add the rectangle shadow to a Bubble chart. Am I thinking in the right way
and how to get that if yes? If I am not, is there any solution for the
problem? Thanks.

Christine
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Christine Ma said:
I am thinking of use a Bubble chart to demonstrate information of 10
customers and use a rectangle shadow to show the target. But I don't know how
to add the rectangle shadow to a Bubble chart.

You can combine most chart types, but not a bubble chart. Would a
rectangular Autoshape drawing be acceptable instead? If not, could you
create a bubble or bubbles that fill the area, perhaps pasting a
rectangle on to the bubble range to turn the circular bubbles into
rectangular ones?

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Christine,

One way to do this would be to chart two x-y series. Then paste circles and
rectangles on to the series markers. Then use VBA to size the circles and
rectangles to the proportions you want.

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com