Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Stacked bar chart, Excel 2007

I have 5 columns.

Column A is 1 through 12 for months.

Column B is Dept 1 Budget for each month.
Column C is Dept 2 Budget for each month.

Column D is Dept 1 Actual for each month.
Column E is Dept 2 Actual for each month.

I'm trying to create two stacked bars per month, one of Columns B&C (Budget)
and one of Columns D&E (Actual).

The best I can get is one column per month with all 4 values stacked.

How can I turn this into two columns per month?

--
rsenn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
rsenn said:
I'm trying to create two stacked bars per month, one of Columns B&C (Budget)
and one of Columns D&E (Actual).

The best I can get is one column per month with all 4 values stacked.

How can I turn this into two columns per month?

Keep the columns just the way they are, but instead of one row per
record, have three. First row is Budget, second is Actual, and third is
blank.

Format the stacked columns to have zero space between columns, and let
the blank row serve as a space instead. Now your stacked columns will
look like pairs of columns.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Here are links to a few illustrated examples:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

rsenn said:
I'm trying to create two stacked bars per month, one of Columns B&C
(Budget)
and one of Columns D&E (Actual).

The best I can get is one column per month with all 4 values stacked.

How can I turn this into two columns per month?

Keep the columns just the way they are, but instead of one row per record,
have three. First row is Budget, second is Actual, and third is blank.

Format the stacked columns to have zero space between columns, and let the
blank row serve as a space instead. Now your stacked columns will look
like pairs of columns.

--
Del Cotter
NB Personal replies to this post will send email to
,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Jon,

Thanks so much for this.

One question -- How do you reduce the gap between the bars/charts for the "clustered" look?

Thanks!
Luba