Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default stacked column chart not baselining at 0

I have a data set with categories in columns A-B, and data in columns C-I.
I've configured my chart to use stacked bars for the first 6 data series and
a line for the last one. The first 6 are revenue allocations, with the 7th
being a cumulative total.

Most of the chart looks as expected, but the first category or row of data
is displaying oddly. The figures in this row are all negative (or 0), so I
expect the top of the bar to sit at zero, but it doesn't. The top of the bar
sits at the value of the 7th/line series, so that the bottom of the bar is at
2x that (negative) value.

Anyone have any tips on how to fix
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I can't reproduce this problem, in 2003 or 2007. The first category stacks
downward from the horizontal axis to the point on the line series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"LovePS" wrote in message
I have a data set with categories in columns A-B, and data in columns C-I.
I've configured my chart to use stacked bars for the first 6 data series
and
a line for the last one. The first 6 are revenue allocations, with the 7th
being a cumulative total.

Most of the chart looks as expected, but the first category or row of data
is displaying oddly. The figures in this row are all negative (or 0), so I
expect the top of the bar to sit at zero, but it doesn't. The top of the
bar
sits at the value of the 7th/line series, so that the bottom of the bar is
at
2x that (negative) value.

Anyone have any tips on how to fix

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hmmm, well okay.

jonxlmvp at peltiertech dot com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"LovePS" wrote in message
Can I send an example?

"LovePS" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I rebooted, and now I can't reproduce it either. Whatever the cause, it is
fixed now, so I'm happy. I find that a reboot fixes most Excel bugs, but this
time it took 3 reboots.

Stacey

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Hmmm, well okay.

jonxlmvp at peltiertech dot com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"LovePS" wrote in message
Can I send an example?

"LovePS" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Next time after exiting Excel, clean out the temp directory before
restarting.

- Jon
-------

"Jon Peltier" wrote: