Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default stacked column chart not baselining at 0

Next time after exiting Excel, clean out the temp directory before
restarting.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"LovePS" wrote in message
I rebooted, and now I can't reproduce it either. Whatever the cause, it is
fixed now, so I'm happy. I find that a reboot fixes most Excel bugs, but
this
time it took 3 reboots.

Stacey

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Hmmm, well okay.

jonxlmvp at peltiertech dot com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"LovePS" wrote in message
Can I send an example?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

I can't reproduce this problem, in 2003 or 2007. The first category
stacks
downward from the horizontal axis to the point on the line series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"LovePS" wrote in message
I have a data set with categories in columns A-B, and data in columns
C-I.
I've configured my chart to use stacked bars for the first 6 data
series
and
a line for the last one. The first 6 are revenue allocations, with
the
7th
being a cumulative total.

Most of the chart looks as expected, but the first category or row
of
data
is displaying oddly. The figures in this row are all negative (or
0),
so I
expect the top of the bar to sit at zero, but it doesn't. The top of
the
bar
sits at the value of the 7th/line series, so that the bottom of the
bar
is
at
2x that (negative) value.