Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default removing horizontal error bars in excel 2007 chart

when using excel 2007, in scatter charts. I can't seem to specify only
y-axis (vertical) error bars. The dialogue box states vertical error bars,
but horizontal ones are also added? Any hints?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Unfortunately adding both sets of error bars is how xl2007 currently works.
Once you have the error bars displayed you will need to select the
horizontal error bars and delete them.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

This seems to be a bug. I added Vertical error bars and got both. I clicked
on one of the Horizontal and remove all with the Delete key.
Let's see if Jon Peltier has this in his list of know charting bugs.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"trueblu" wrote in message
when using excel 2007, in scatter charts. I can't seem to specify only
y-axis (vertical) error bars. The dialogue box states vertical error
bars,
but horizontal ones are also added? Any hints?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I do not think this is a bug, per se. I think it is due to the hasty
redesign of the Excel 2007 charting interface. Most chart types only
accommodate Y error bars, so this bit of the interface was fine, until it
was finally tested on an XY chart. The 2003 interface was much more
effective, because you could add whatever error bars you wanted, with
whatever specific values you wanted, in a direct approach.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions