Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default 100% Stacked Chart - display total in data table only

Is it possible to use the 100% stacked chart (by month) and display the
monthly totals in the data table only?

Or another way to ask Is it possible to use the 100% stacked chart in
combination any other chart?
--
B Rager
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Assume it's a 100% stacked column?

Add another series with the monthly totals, which starts life as another
stacked column. Select this series, go to Chart menu Chart Type, and
change it to a line type, so it doesn't mess up the columns. Double click on
the line series, and on the patterns tab, format it to be invisible: no
lines, no markers.

If it's a 100% stacked line, you can still add the totals, convert it to a
column, and hide the column. The difference here is that the total appears
above the other series in the list, and they are no longer listed in the
same order as they appear in the chart (the highest in the stack is listed
lowest in the table). These things cannot be changed.

I hardly ever use data tables in the chart. Aside from the inflexibility in
their order, you also have little leeway in formatting of the tables, and
you are limited as to what data to show. I make a table in a worksheet range
near the chart. Even though it doesn't line up perfectly, it's a lot better
display than a chart's data table.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"B Rager" wrote in message
Is it possible to use the 100% stacked chart (by month) and display the
monthly totals in the data table only?

Or another way to ask Is it possible to use the 100% stacked chart in
combination any other chart?
--
B Rager

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks Jon...it was the 100% stacked that gave me a problem. All other
charts I was OK with displaying the Totals. Appreciate your help! Got to
work as needed.
p.s. You are able to move the series around under Format Data Series/Series
Order by moving the selected series up or down for a desired order.
--
B Rager

"B Rager" wrote in message
Is it possible to use the 100% stacked chart (by month) and display the
monthly totals in the data table only?

Or another way to ask Is it possible to use the 100% stacked chart in
combination any other chart?
--
B Rager

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What I meant about order was, with a particular order in the chart, the
order in the data table cannot be changed. Also, the line chart is always
lower in the data table than any column entries, which in this case works.

- Jon
-------