Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Multiple Axis

I want to create a chart with a secondary axis that relates its values to the
primary axis. For example, I want the primary axis to define temperature in
Celsius and the secondary axis to define temperature in Fahrenheit, and both
axes refer to the same data series. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Is this what you want:

F C
32 0
41 5
50 10
59 15
68 20

Select this data and make an XY chart.

If you want primary and secondary axes, like on the left and right sides of
the chart, you can do it two ways:

1. Create two series, and change the relative scales so the series coincide.

2. Create one series using one temperature scale along the axis. Create a
dummy XY series with points where you want them along the other side of the
chart, and add data labels with the corresponding temperature on the other
scale. If the primary axis is Fahrenheit, the new points will also be in
Fahrenheit, but the labels will be in Celsius, for example, you'll have a
point at Y=32 with a label of "0", another at Y=41 with a label of "5", etc.
There are a number of examples of similar dummy axis scales he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...tml#AxisScales

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP