Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Multiple x axis

I was wondering if it is possible to have one y axis and multiple x axis on
one worksheet. I have 4 or 5 different charts but they all have the same y
axis and I need to combine them on one worksheet. As some of the x values
are similar I cannot overlay them on one graph because it becomes confusing
however my brief is to produce a composite graph showing them next to each
other. This is hard to explain but I hope it makes sense.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I believe I am using excel 2003 if
that makes a difference.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Have a look at these examples of panel charts.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...nelChart1.html
http://processtrends.com/toc_panel_charts.htm

Cheers
Andy

Olivia wrote:
I was wondering if it is possible to have one y axis and multiple x axis on
one worksheet. I have 4 or 5 different charts but they all have the same y
axis and I need to combine them on one worksheet. As some of the x values
are similar I cannot overlay them on one graph because it becomes confusing
however my brief is to produce a composite graph showing them next to each
other. This is hard to explain but I hope it makes sense.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I believe I am using excel 2003 if
that makes a difference.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Do it by "cheating". Put one (or more) of you data series on a secondary
y-axis.
Give this the same range as the primary y-axis, then hide it.
Now you can have secondary x-axis
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Olivia" wrote in message
I was wondering if it is possible to have one y axis and multiple x axis on
one worksheet. I have 4 or 5 different charts but they all have the same
axis and I need to combine them on one worksheet. As some of the x values
are similar I cannot overlay them on one graph because it becomes
confusing
however my brief is to produce a composite graph showing them next to each
other. This is hard to explain but I hope it makes sense.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I believe I am using excel 2003
if
that makes a difference.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Actually, you can put one or more series onto the secondary axis (double
click the series Axis tab), then remove (not hide) the secondary Y axis
and add a secondary X axis (Chart menu Chart Options Axes tab).

But I suspect the OP wanted a panel chart, as Andy suggested.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions