Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Leo Leo is offline

Default Hiding categories in the category axis of a chart

Dear all;

Maybe some of you can help me with this problem:

I have a chart in which the category axis is "months" from October
2003 to November 2007. The years are not important, but I would like
to put the different months as one-letter labels: O N D J F ... A
further restriction is that I only want a few labels, to avoid making
the chart axis too cluttered, so say I want O J O (for October
(2003), January (2004), October (2005), etc.). This can be easily done
with; that is, leaving the unwanted fields empty.

Col A Col B
O 65.418
64.633
65.602
J 67.508
67.337

However, and here comes the tricky part, I would like to have all the
data as well: O N D J... In other words, the question is: without
using text boxes, is there a way to "choose" which categories will
make it to the category axis, while still keeping all of them
associated to the chart source data? I have MS Excel 2003.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks very much for your time.

Leo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Leo said:
I only want a few labels, to avoid making the chart axis too cluttered,
so say I want O J O (for October (2003), January (2004), October
(2005), etc.).

Did you try:

Format Axis.. Scale.. Number of categories between tick mark labels..?

What about it do you find unsatisfactory?

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Leo Leo is offline

Del;

Thank you very much, that worked like a charm. And sorry for the noob
question.

Thanks,

Leo