Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart Skew in 2007

In 2001 and 2003 versions of Excel I could click on a slice of a pie chart
(or multiples by holding ctrl) and skew it. I could for instance take a pie
piece and make the outside "taller" than the middle. However I can't seem to
do that with 2007. Can anyone help me? This effect was very useful in my
presentations as it made the charts really pop.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What do you mean, "skew" a pie slice, or make the outside "taller"? You can
single click twice to select a pie chart, then drag that slice away from the
center of the pie. You could not select multiples with the Ctrl key.

All I can think of is that you may have copied the charts into PowerPoint,
ungrouped them, then did some kind of shape manipulation there.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"1genxer" wrote in message
In 2001 and 2003 versions of Excel I could click on a slice of a pie chart
(or multiples by holding ctrl) and skew it. I could for instance take a
pie
piece and make the outside "taller" than the middle. However I can't seem
do that with 2007. Can anyone help me? This effect was very useful in my
presentations as it made the charts really pop.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

After pulling away one slice of the pie. I can, and just did on 2001, skew
the remaining sections of the pie. It might help to imagine a pillar that was
cut off diagonally by a sword. The outside it "higher" in the back while
angling down towards the fron that is "lower". Is there a way to do this with
2007?

"1genxer" wrote in message
In 2001 and 2003 versions of Excel I could click on a slice of a pie chart
(or multiples by holding ctrl) and skew it. I could for instance take a
pie
piece and make the outside "taller" than the middle. However I can't seem
do that with 2007. Can anyone help me? This effect was very useful in my
presentations as it made the charts really pop.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

2001? You're using a Mac?

You still didn't explain what "skew" means. Do you mean it's a pie chart
with 3D effects? You should avoid them even more than regular pie charts,
because this 3D effect skews the viewer's perceptions of the slices of pie,
and distorts the information you're trying to present.

- Jon
-------