Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Create separate pivot chart for each filter

In Excel, Pivot Charts - When filtering in a pivot table, how do you create a
separate chart for each filtered set of data? As it is now, the chart updates
when you change the filter criteria.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

There's not a way to do this from what I know. You would need to create a
separate pivot table and pivot chart for each filter/view.

If you don't need to keep your pivot chart updating with the pivot table and
just want a few "snapshots", you could filter the pivot table the way you
want, then copy and paste the chart to a new workbook to "unlink" the chart
from the pivot table.
--
Thanks,
Christopher

"RTMI" wrote:

In Excel, Pivot Charts - When filtering in a pivot table, how do you create a
separate chart for each filtered set of data? As it is now, the chart updates
when you change the filter criteria.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default how to that in 2007

i've been tinkering with 2007 to unlink a pivot chart from a pivot table. I know how to do that in 2003, but i suppose i didn't manage to find equivalent procedure in excel 2007...

the workaround, using paste as picture is not good enough, because the it cannot be edited anymore

Pls help

chscot wrote:

There's not a way to do this from what I know.
14-Feb-08

There's not a way to do this from what I know. You would need to create a
separate pivot table and pivot chart for each filter/view.

If you don't need to keep your pivot chart updating with the pivot table and
just want a few "snapshots", you could filter the pivot table the way you
want, then copy and paste the chart to a new workbook to "unlink" the chart
from the pivot table.
--
Thanks,
Christopher

"RTMI" wrote:

On Wednesday, February 06, 2008 11:01 AM
RTM wrote:

Create separate pivot chart for each filter
In Excel, Pivot Charts - When filtering in a pivot table, how do you create a
separate chart for each filtered set of data? As it is now, the chart updates
when you change the filter criteria.

On Thursday, February 14, 2008 10:33 PM
chscot wrote:

There's not a way to do this from what I know.
There's not a way to do this from what I know. You would need to create a
separate pivot table and pivot chart for each filter/view.

If you don't need to keep your pivot chart updating with the pivot table and
just want a few "snapshots", you could filter the pivot table the way you
want, then copy and paste the chart to a new workbook to "unlink" the chart
from the pivot table.
--
Thanks,
Christopher