Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Zero value and bar graph

Hello all,
I'm new to graphs and what I have is a date range (1-Jan-08 - 31-Jan-08)
with a dollor amount in the next cell. The bar graph is picking up the "zero"
or blank ("")cells and is ploting them on the graph. How can I have the graph
not plot the "zero" or blank ("") values?
I did the flowing to the amounts:=IF(N18=0,NA(),N18)
and that remove the "$0" from the graph, but it's still pickup the dates.

Off2000

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

The NA() trick only suppressed the point/bar/column.
It does not remove the point from the series.

To do that you can hide the row using autofilter and as long as the
chart is set to Plot only visible cells the point should be removed.

If the chart object is in the same rows as the data you will need to
unset the Move and size properties of the chartobject otherwise it will
change size.

Cheers
Andy

--