Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
NWO NWO is offline

Default y axis

Hi.

I have read all of the posts regarding my question. I have a row of data
that i wish to plot to a line graph - easy enough. Now I understand that
Excel automatically sets the upper number a little higher than the largest
value in the range, but how do I get Excel to do the same thing with the
lowest number in the range - with no VBA please, if possible - and I already
checked out the Peltier and other referenced web sites, but I can't seem to
find what maybe should be an easy fix. I'm using Excel 2003. Any
suggestions?

Thank you

Mark :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Well, you haven't posted this as a reply to whichever thread included your
question with its replies, so as you've started a new thread, we haven't any
idea what you've already been told and what you've tried.
If you want to change the minimum value of your axis scale, you can do that
with Format Axis/ Scale. If you want Excel to do things automatically you
accept what Excel does or use VBA.
--
David Biddulph

"NWO" wrote in message
Hi.

I have read all of the posts regarding my question. I have a row of data
that i wish to plot to a line graph - easy enough. Now I understand that
Excel automatically sets the upper number a little higher than the largest
value in the range, but how do I get Excel to do the same thing with the
lowest number in the range - with no VBA please, if possible - and I
already
checked out the Peltier and other referenced web sites, but I can't seem
find what maybe should be an easy fix. I'm using Excel 2003. Any
suggestions?

Thank you

Mark :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The problem is in the way Excel determines minimum values on a value axis.
If the minimum of the data is less than (about) 5/6 of the maximum, then
Excel decides to use zero as the minimum. Aside from manually or
programmatically setting the minimum, there isn't much you can do.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"NWO" wrote in message
Hi.

I have read all of the posts regarding my question. I have a row of data
that i wish to plot to a line graph - easy enough. Now I understand that
Excel automatically sets the upper number a little higher than the largest
value in the range, but how do I get Excel to do the same thing with the
lowest number in the range - with no VBA please, if possible - and I
already
checked out the Peltier and other referenced web sites, but I can't seem
find what maybe should be an easy fix. I'm using Excel 2003. Any
suggestions?

Thank you

Mark :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
NWO NWO is offline

Now Jon, that is why you are an MVP - because you give short and reasonable
(and not wise) responses. Thank you very much.

NWO