Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
NWO NWO is offline

Default y axis

Now Jon, that is why you are an MVP - because you give short and reasonable
(and not wise) responses. Thank you very much.

NWO

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

The problem is in the way Excel determines minimum values on a value axis.
If the minimum of the data is less than (about) 5/6 of the maximum, then
Excel decides to use zero as the minimum. Aside from manually or
programmatically setting the minimum, there isn't much you can do.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"NWO" wrote in message
Hi.

I have read all of the posts regarding my question. I have a row of data
that i wish to plot to a line graph - easy enough. Now I understand that
Excel automatically sets the upper number a little higher than the largest
value in the range, but how do I get Excel to do the same thing with the
lowest number in the range - with no VBA please, if possible - and I
already
checked out the Peltier and other referenced web sites, but I can't seem
find what maybe should be an easy fix. I'm using Excel 2003. Any
suggestions?

Thank you

Mark :)