Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default data labels in 2007

In 2003 I used to be able to hover over a data point on a chart and it would
give me the value... in 2007 it seems I am not able to do that... is that
correct? how can I see the data point value on my chart without double
clicking on it... want to just hover over it
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Apparently it doesn't work unless you activate the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"John" wrote in message
In 2003 I used to be able to hover over a data point on a chart and it
would
give me the value... in 2007 it seems I am not able to do that... is that
correct? how can I see the data point value on my chart without double
clicking on it... want to just hover over it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Check the options,
Show chart element names on hover
Show data point values on hover

Office button Excel Options Advanced Display section.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I have found dozens of little stupid things like this that don't work the
way they used to. Not exactly bugs, I guess, but not exactly working right.
I think they were rushed into releasing Excel 12 with a beta-quality
charting system. I'm hoping they have a chance to fix it in Excel 14.

- Jon
-------