Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default data labels in 2007

The chart needs to be selected, as Jon stated.
But for me the tooltip appears without the actual series being selected.

Cheers
Andy

John wrote:
I have both those options checked. Strange... I actually have to select the
series and then hover... which I don't want to have to do

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

Check the options,
Show chart element names on hover
Show data point values on hover

Office button Excel Options Advanced Display section.

Cheers
Andy

John wrote:

In 2003 I used to be able to hover over a data point on a chart and it would
give me the value... in 2007 it seems I am not able to do that... is that
correct? how can I see the data point value on my chart without double
clicking on it... want to just hover over it

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info