Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Best way to limit data for chart?

Hi all,

I have a transactions table that's sort of like a check register. I want to
base a chart on it, but instead of basing it on every transaction, I want to
base it on only transactions with a particular vendor. I can apply a filter
to the table to show only transactions with that vendor, and base a chart on
it, but I don't want to have to apply the filter to that table every time I
want to look at the chart. I will be setting up charts for several vendors,
if that affects an answer.

I'm using 2007 excel.

How can I set things up so that a filtered view of my transactions table is
always available as the data source for my chart and always updated to
reflect all recent transactions?

Thanks, in advance,
CW
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

The best way to handle this is to do the AutoFilter. Chart the entire
range, then apply the auto filter and your chart will be of the filtered
data. One chart, no need to respecify the range, and all you need to do is
pick the Vendor name from the Auto Filter list.

It could only be simplier, if Excel could guess the vendor you want and
change the auto filter automatically.

Maybe, we aren't getting something here?

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire