Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Cheese_whiz Cheese_whiz is offline

Default Best way to limit data for chart?

Hi all,

I have a transactions table that's sort of like a check register. I want to
base a chart on it, but instead of basing it on every transaction, I want to
base it on only transactions with a particular vendor. I can apply a filter
to the table to show only transactions with that vendor, and base a chart on
it, but I don't want to have to apply the filter to that table every time I
want to look at the chart. I will be setting up charts for several vendors,
if that affects an answer.

I'm using 2007 excel.

How can I set things up so that a filtered view of my transactions table is
always available as the data source for my chart and always updated to
reflect all recent transactions?

Thanks, in advance,
CW