Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Dynamically change data in chart title

Is there a way to put a cell reference in the chart title text box? I have
numerous charts that have a date in the title. It would be much less work if
I can modify a date in a cell and have all the charts automatically be
updated. Example: "Service Calls - Sunday 02/03/08" would be "Service Calls
- Sunday =A2" where cell A2 has my date. Or can this be modifiec via a VBA
macro?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Select the chart tile and then type the cell reference in the formula bar,
prefixed by the sheet name, such as =Sheet1!A2. To get what you want, in B2
add

="Service Calls - Sunday "&TEXT(A2,"dd-mmm-yyyy")

and the reference that cell.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Bill James" <Bill wrote in message
Is there a way to put a cell reference in the chart title text box? I
have
numerous charts that have a date in the title. It would be much less work
if
I can modify a date in a cell and have all the charts automatically be
updated. Example: "Service Calls - Sunday 02/03/08" would be "Service
Calls
- Sunday =A2" where cell A2 has my date. Or can this be modifiec via a
VBA
macro?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Even easier, select the title, type = in the formula bar, then click on the
cell. This works with chart titles, axis titles, data labels, and shapes
(text boxes etc).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Select the chart tile and then type the cell reference in the formula bar,
prefixed by the sheet name, such as =Sheet1!A2. To get what you want, in
B2 add

="Service Calls - Sunday "&TEXT(A2,"dd-mmm-yyyy")

and the reference that cell.

--
---
HTH