Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default scroll/zoom xy chart

using the stephen bullen scroll/zoom barchart example, i'd like to do
the same with an xy scatter chart, with 12 columns of data. I can get
my graph working per the bullen example for 1 column of data; how do i
expand the scroll and zoom to accommodate 12 columns of data ??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Frank:

Here's a link that may help. It shows zoom, scroll and user selection of one
of 4 data series.

http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_sc...r_checkbox.htm

The video walks through how to set up the book. The book includes the
dynamic range names and checkbox setups.

Kelly O'Day

http://processtrends.com

wrote in message
using the stephen bullen scroll/zoom barchart example, i'd like to do
the same with an xy scatter chart, with 12 columns of data. I can get
my graph working per the bullen example for 1 column of data; how do i
expand the scroll and zoom to accommodate 12 columns of data ??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

wrote in message

using the stephen bullen scroll/zoom barchart example, i'd like to do
the same with an xy scatter chart, with 12 columns of data. I can get
my graph working per the bullen example for 1 column of data; how do i
expand the scroll and zoom to accommodate 12 columns of data ??- Hide quoted text -

thanks...i'd like to show all 12 of my data series at once; this
example allows you to view one at a time only.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Frank:

I would not add 12 Y variables to one chart, it will be very difficult to
interpret.

To add additional Y variables, just create new dynamic range name (say
Chty1), using similar Offset formula to what Steve used

=Offset(Chtx,0,col_offset,,)

Since the 3rd entry (col_offset) in the Offset formula is the number of
columns to offset, you can build as many dynamic range names as you like.

Once you have the new dynamic name ranges, you can add the new series to
your chart, using dynamic range names for series X and Y values.

Kelly O'Day

http://processtrends.com