Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Display sample population size in chart i.e. n=X

Hi,

Does anyone know if Excel can display the sample group population within the
chart i.e. N=100, (if 100 people answered the question) obviously this can be
done manually but it would be cool if excel could do it itself.

The reason I want to do this is so the reader of the graph can gauge the
significance of the % figures, my chart is reading of a pivot table wich I
plan to update over time with new data so has to be dynamic, maybe there is
another solution which could work,

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Here is one way.

If you create a formula in a cell with a count of the sample, and maybe some
explanatory text as well, you can use that in the chart title. Select the
chart title, and then in the formula
bar, add a reference to that cell, such as =Sheet1!D1 (include the sheet).

--
HTH

Bob