Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Using a Word, PDF, Image as a background on Excel.

Hello professionals, I would appreciate some help on this problem. Im a
pretty good basic user of excel and generally dont need anything complex, but
I cant figure out if I can do what I want with the information I want.

I use Excel for my jobs to generate reports, submittals, etc. I am a sub
contractor on this particular jobsite with plenty of additional forms I must
fill out for the general contractor. The contrator wants me to fill out the
same reports I fill out on my forms onto his forms. He created these forms on
Word, and I have paper copies of them. I will be receiving a cd with all his
documents, but that could be in 5 weeks, and again, they are all on Word. Its
all the same information, just different layout / template.

Obviously, I dont want to fill out the same information over and over again.
There will be about 6 sheets daily, 9 weekly, and several others. Yes, I
know, lots of paper. Additionally, I do not want to create brand new
templates in Excel trying to match everything up with my GC's templates /
forms. As I see it, I would like to scan these hard copies I have into PDF,
then convert to WORD and import it as WORD / jpeg / png / (embed?) into
Excel. I already have my format, and thus I would just create formulas that
get the information from the book I fill out everyday and have it transferred
into the GC's. I would have the gridlines above the embed and format it so
that as I make my report, it fills out his. I will have to print this
everyday. Thus, it would be in the same exact format he wants it with all my
redundant information.

Im sorry if I was lengthy, I hope I was thorough enough to where everyone
can help me out. Simplified, I juat want to import his hard copy onto my
excel and have information fill out on top of it as I type mine and print
itll together.

Thanks again guys, this is my 1st time using this and really hope it helps
me out. Happy Holidays to all!

Rodrigo Bravo
Project Engineer
TAS Concrete
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Rodrigo Bravo said:
[...]

This sounds like a spreadsheet question rather than a charts question.
Have you asked on one of the other forums?

I wonder if MailMerge would help you? You could create your form in
Excel, have it feed a growing database list in Excel, and have the Excel
list feed the mailmerge Word document.

--
Del Cotter