Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart page renaming is not sticking

I have some workbooks that had been Excel 2000 and are now Excel 2007. They
seem to work fine but at the time the 2000 workbooks were saved as 2007
workbooks, many of the chart names were converted to numbers, e.g., "chart
18" "chart 41". I have tried to rename the charts to indicate their subject
matter and the new names initiailly take. But once the workbook is reopened,
after having been saved and closed, the new names have disappeared and the
number names have reappeared. Can anyone explain to me what is going on and
what I can do about it?

Note: I have renamed pages using two different methods: 1) right clicking on
the name tab itself 2) renaming via chart tools/layout/properties, and the
problem arises either way.

Thank you in advance,
Geoff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I'm having the same problem. I created the workbook from scratch to make
sure it wasn't a conversion problem and it still exists. It's been there
since the beta and I reported it then.

"Tschurin" wrote:

I have some workbooks that had been Excel 2000 and are now Excel 2007. They
seem to work fine but at the time the 2000 workbooks were saved as 2007
workbooks, many of the chart names were converted to numbers, e.g., "chart
18" "chart 41". I have tried to rename the charts to indicate their subject
matter and the new names initiailly take. But once the workbook is reopened,
after having been saved and closed, the new names have disappeared and the
number names have reappeared. Can anyone explain to me what is going on and
what I can do about it?

Note: I have renamed pages using two different methods: 1) right clicking on
the name tab itself 2) renaming via chart tools/layout/properties, and the
problem arises either way.

Thank you in advance,
Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for your note. I did spend some time with customer support on this
issue but they had no suggestions and didn't seem interested in the problem.
Although I can put up with this problem I also am willing to spend a little
time trying to see if it can be fixed. If you are interested, perhaps we
could put our heads together to try to more specifically identify when the
problem occurs and maybe try to get someone in Office tech support to take up
this issue.

--
Geoff