Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Charts for 2008 with No Values

David and Andy,
Thanks for your posts. Whether I use #N/A or =NA() I get the value 0 on my
chart and it is plotted so it looks like the value has gone down to zero. I
do not even want the line after November since we have not yet closed 12/2007.

The cell was originally formatted as a number and I tried number, general,
as well as text and nothing works. All return 0 and it is plotted with a line.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What's the formula in these cells?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"TinleyParkILGal" wrote in
message ...
David and Andy,
Thanks for your posts. Whether I use #N/A or =NA() I get the value 0 on my
chart and it is plotted so it looks like the value has gone down to zero.
do not even want the line after November since we have not yet closed
12/2007.

The cell was originally formatted as a number and I tried number, general,
as well as text and nothing works. All return 0 and it is plotted with a
line.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thank you all, Andy, David, Bob, Jon, for your replies.
What actually worked was Andy's suggestion to change the chart sub-type.
Andy had told me that the real problem was the chart type. I had used a
stacked line chart and it seems like we can get a chart that does not display
the nulls by using any line sub-chart other than stacked and by using N/A().

Thank you all for your help.
Happy and safe holidays to all.