Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default value of y axis position

Hi, all,

After reversal of x axis, I moved y axis from right to left. However, value
of the y axis appears inside of the chart, how can I move them outside. Many
thanks.

Billy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Your statement is a little vague. If in Format - Axis, I use "Values in reverse order," it
moves the Y axis to the right side, but the Y labels appear outside the chart, not inside.
Or I can use "Value (Y) axis crosses at maximum value, " which also moves the Y axis to the
right side, but the axis labels are still on the outside.

Try this. With the Y axis selected (click any y axis label), do Format - Axis. In the
Patterns tab, there are radio buttons for putting the tick marks and labels on the inside or
outside.
--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...
"Billy L" <Billy wrote in message
Hi, all,

After reversal of x axis, I moved y axis from right to left. However, value
of the y axis appears inside of the chart, how can I move them outside. Many
thanks.

Billy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks Virginia.

Problem has been resolved after I checked "high" on tick marks label.

I was overlooked this since it appears as "high" rather than "ouside"