Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Can I create a Pivot Table from Dbase that is Grouped?

I have a large excel file that has over 9,000 entries. Is there a way to
create a Pivot Table after I group the records? I need to find a way to
create a table with no "duplicate" field entries.

Thank you for your response!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Highlight everything and then just create a pivot table. The pivot table
will do the grouping and give you unique records only if you pull that field
to the rows setting.

Thanks,
Roger

"TomP" wrote:

I have a large excel file that has over 9,000 entries. Is there a way to
create a Pivot Table after I group the records? I need to find a way to
create a table with no "duplicate" field entries.

Thank you for your response!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Tom,

Select the data you want pivot table to reflect.
1.In the menu bar/Data/Pivot Table/Microsoft office excel or data base.
2.Then you can slect from the option pivot table or pivot table with pivot
chart. click next.
3.The pivot wizard will select the data you had earlier selected for pivot
table or it will ask you "where is the data ?" then you can select the data
and click next.
4.Once the data is selected the wizard will ask where to put the pivot
table, for convenience i recommend you to select in new worksheet.
5. You may or may not use the layout option cause you can again do the
changes in the table itself.
6. click finish.
The table will give below mentioned fields.
1 Page field
2 colum field
3 row field
4 Data field.
Excel will update the pivot table in case you do some changes in the data
sheet. In case the table is not updated you can click on the pivot table tool
bar and click refresh after the changes are made. The table will get updated
as per the data in the data sheet.

If you have selected the Pivot table with chart. The chart will always
correspond to the table and will display exactly the same data as in the
pivot table.

You can drop the data as per your requirement and pivot table will display
them accordingly. (Excel version 2003)

Thanks

Suleman Peerzade