Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BRFx2

Default Pivot table grouped results

I have a pivot table that displays results as follows:

St Louis warehouse
plant
Pittsburg warehouse

stock

Here's what I want it to look like:

St Louis warehouse
St Louis plant
Pittsburg warehouse
Pittsburg warehouse
Pittsburg stock

I have tried every way I can think of to format the table to display the
data this way and it still "hides" the repeat values. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

If you're going to keep the pivottable, then I don't think you're going to find
a solution.

But you could copy|paste special|values and do whatever you want with that
data--but you'd be removing the pivottable-ness of the data.

Debra Dalgleish has some tips if you want to do this:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

(I sometimes copy the pivottable data to a new sheet so that I can still have
the pivottable.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BRFx2

Dave,

Thanks for the link....I also copy the data to a new sheet, but had been
manually copying the data to fill in the blanks, the tip on the link looks so
much more efficient.

Thanks again for your help.

BRFx2 wrote:

I have a pivot table that displays results as follows:

St Louis warehouse
plant
Pittsburg warehouse

stock

Here's what I want it to look like:

St Louis warehouse
St Louis plant
Pittsburg warehouse
Pittsburg warehouse
Pittsburg stock

I have tried every way I can think of to format the table to display the
data this way and it still "hides" the repeat values. Any ideas?

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Debra describes a manual way to fill those cells, too.

I find the manual method much quicker than running the macro (for what it's
worth).