Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Vertical error bars only

Hi

I have several line and scatter graphs where I want to add vertical error
bars ONLY. Every time I try to do this, horizontal error bars appear as
well. Is there a way of only inputting vertical error bars? I don't want to
have to delete the horizontal ones every time as this will take up time.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Assume you are referring to xl2007.
Looks like both are applied with no UI to choose which to apply.

You could use code to add error bars if manual deletion is too time
consuming.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Richard" wrote in message
Hi

I have several line and scatter graphs where I want to add vertical error
bars ONLY. Every time I try to do this, horizontal error bars appear as
well. Is there a way of only inputting vertical error bars? I don't want
have to delete the horizontal ones every time as this will take up time.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Can you believe this change? It makes me a little crazy.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions