Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Create an identical Chart Worksheet in Excel 2003

Hi:

I used the F11 key to create a chart, which inserts just a chart as a
new worksheet and gives it a default name, such as chart 2. My
question is, can I create an identical chart as a new worksheet. This
wouldn't be a copy, rather, a duplicate that is pulling information
from the same location in the entire workbook. The reason I want to do
this is because I currently have data for 12 different series, and
each series has 7 values. What I would like to do is keep the same
chart, but reduce the number of values per series from 7 to just 4.
The easiest way seems to me to be to create duplicate chart and then
alter the range of values for each series from 7 data points to just
4.

Is this doable? If not, is there another way to accomplish this
without building a new chart from scratch. I want to retain my
current chart with all 7 values.

Thanks,
Brooks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Of course, just select the chart sheet, right-click the chart tab, select
Move or Copy from the list, then pick your chart sheet from the list, check
the Create A Copy box, and away you go.

--
HTH

Bob