Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Copy a 2003 Excel chart into Word 2007

Hello,

I have read a lot of posts regarding copying Excel charts into Word, and
have definitely picked up some good tips. Unfortunately, none of them have
helped with this problem.

I have a user who has multiple charts embedded on a spreadsheet. When he
tries to copy one of them into a Word document, the chart only includes two
of the data series - there are a total of six. The "keys" in the legend for
the other four series appear, but with no data attached. Only two data
markers appear on the chart. He used the same file to copy and paste the same
charts before we migrated to Vista and Office 2007 without any problem. The
charts always pasted completely.

I have gone through every way of copying and pasting - using all the options
under Paste Special:
Excel Object
Picture (Windows Metafile)
Bitmap
Picture (Enhanced metafile)
Picture (GIF)
Picture (PNG)
Picture (JPEG)
MS Office Graphic Object

I tried to use the "Copy as picture" option through Excel, using both "As
shown on screen" and "As shown when printed" - always with the same results,
incomplete data being represented.

The only solution I have found is to do a print screen, or use the Snipping
Tool.

Another strange thing is when i tried to copy and paste it back into Excel,
just to experiment, the same thing happened - the pasted chart only included
two data series.

This is not a situation where the user can embed the charts on separate
worksheets, they must stay together for the report.

I am totally confused by this one. Any suggestions as to why this is
happening?

Thanks!