Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Data Range Is Backward on Graph

I charted a simple time-line from a set of data that had the most current
figures at the top line and the oldest at the last. The chart wizard seemed
to figure that out by itself and it drew the graph so that the time-line
read from left to right. I was pleased!

Then I attempted to graph a more complicated data range of 4 sets from a
table similar to the first - in descending order - but with a secondary axis
for one of those data sets. The wizard, either too tired from the first
exercise or simply to confused by two more sets of data, forgot how to flip
the time-line when it drew the graph. I wasn't pleased!

How do I reverse the time-line on that second graph? Everything else is
fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I could not generate your problem with my test data.
Moving a series to the secondary axis still retained the date axis.

You could check the secondary axis is being plotted as time series.
Right click and pick Chart Options.
Axis tab set Secondary X axis to Time series.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"jaygreg" wrote in message
I charted a simple time-line from a set of data that had the most current
figures at the top line and the oldest at the last. The chart wizard seemed
to figure that out by itself and it drew the graph so that the time-line
read from left to right. I was pleased!

Then I attempted to graph a more complicated data range of 4 sets from a
table similar to the first - in descending order - but with a secondary
axis for one of those data sets. The wizard, either too tired from the
first exercise or simply to confused by two more sets of data, forgot how
to flip the time-line when it drew the graph. I wasn't pleased!

How do I reverse the time-line on that second graph? Everything else is
fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi, Andy. Good call! I found both axis scales set to Catergory. Changed the
secondary but it didn't reverse the time scale. Then changed both to Time.
Bingo. Everything is squared away now. Thanks for the help.

John