Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel 2007 - default series colours

Hi,
I am trying to find a way of identifying the colours used as defaults for
series in a given Excel 2007 theme. However, unlike previous versions of
Excel, if you select a series and the choose a fill (say solid fill), it does
not show you the colour swatch that corresponds to the defualt colour (if you
haven't already changed it) - and, indeed, if you cycle through series, it
will show you the last colour you slected as the first pick for that
series... I would like to be able to match elements in a chart to colours
used for previous series and do not necessarily want to have to select the
colours for each series first. Ideally, I would also like to be able to
determine the rgb value for a given default colour in a theme but perhapsthat
is asking too much.
Any suggestions, as always, gratefully received.
Best wishes, Boris.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

not show you the colour swatch that corresponds to the defualt colour

If it's any consolation, this bothers me as well. Unfortunately I have not
played around enough with it to be able to help.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions