Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Charting a single data column

I have a single column of data with multiple values that I would like to
chart. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried several chart types
and I cannot get anything to display correctly. I would like to display each
delivery method as a percentage. Here is my column of data

UPK
UPK
UPK
UPK
UPK
UPK
UPK
UPK
UPK
UPK
UPK
UPK
Other
Other
Other
On-Line
On-Line
On-Line
On-Line
On-Line
On-Line
On-Line
On-Line
On-Line
On-Line
On-Line
On-Line
On-Line
On-Line
On-Line
ILT - Plant
ILT - Plant
ILT - Plant
ILT - Plant
ILT - Plant
ILT - Plant
ILT - Plant

Thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

To the side of your data, count the number of values per unique category.
Next, sum the values per unique category. Finally, take the percentage of
the total for each value per unique catagory. With the data setup below,
you can easily create a column chart using the percentages as the data source
and the categories as the X-Axis labels.

UPK 12 32.4%
Other 3 8.1%
On-Line 15 40.5%
ILT - Plant 7 18.9%
Total 37

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"eahubie" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
eahubie said:
I have a single column of data with multiple values that I would like to
chart. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Use a pivot table.

--
Del Cotter