Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
eahubie eahubie is offline

Default Charting a single data column

John- Thanks for your help..that worked out perfectly !

"John Mansfield" wrote:

To the side of your data, count the number of values per unique category.
Next, sum the values per unique category. Finally, take the percentage of
the total for each value per unique catagory. With the data setup below,
you can easily create a column chart using the percentages as the data source
and the categories as the X-Axis labels.

UPK 12 32.4%
Other 3 8.1%
On-Line 15 40.5%
ILT - Plant 7 18.9%
Total 37

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"eahubie" wrote:

I have a single column of data with multiple values that I would like to
chart. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried several chart types
and I cannot get anything to display correctly. I would like to display each
delivery method as a percentage. Here is my column of data

UPK
UPK
UPK
UPK