Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Can I make Column Chart use percent and show value

Hi,
I need to make the Stacked column chart use % but show the actual value in
the count. I tried the !00% Stacked Column. But as it says, it shows the 2
values as 100% but what I want to show is one value as 100% and the other as
over 100%. Then I want to show the actual value in the column (not as a
percent).

Ie 2 values are 50 and 25. The 50 would be the 100% and inside that column
would be the value 50. The 25 would be stacked on top of the 50 and be at
150% with the value of 25 inside its column.

Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks in advanced for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Lay your data out like this

A1: =<Leave Empty
B1: =My Data
A2: =50
B2: =A2/$A$2
A3: =25
B3: =A3/$A$2

Format B2:B3 as percents.

Select the range A1:B3 and create a stacked column chart plotted by Rows.
Your stacked columns should now be a 100% and 150%.
Apply Data labels to the chart using the Series option. This will display
the 50 and 25 in the columns.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"lunarpc" wrote in message
I need to make the Stacked column chart use % but show the actual value in
the count. I tried the !00% Stacked Column. But as it says, it shows the 2
values as 100% but what I want to show is one value as 100% and the other
as
over 100%. Then I want to show the actual value in the column (not as a
percent).

Ie 2 values are 50 and 25. The 50 would be the 100% and inside that column
would be the value 50. The 25 would be stacked on top of the 50 and be at
150% with the value of 25 inside its column.

Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks in advanced for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Andy,
I'm not finding that this is working. The columns are not stacking on each
other and when I add the values thru the series option I'm getting the
percents.

I found this instead and it works really easy.
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

Thanks for your help though.

"lunarpc" wrote in message
I need to make the Stacked column chart use % but show the actual value in
the count. I tried the !00% Stacked Column. But as it says, it shows the 2
values as 100% but what I want to show is one value as 100% and the other
as
over 100%. Then I want to show the actual value in the column (not as a
percent).

Ie 2 values are 50 and 25. The 50 would be the 100% and inside that column
would be the value 50. The 25 would be stacked on top of the 50 and be at
150% with the value of 25 inside its column.

Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks in advanced for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Make sure the chart type is stacked columns and that the source data is
plotted by rows.

Cheers
Andy