Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
tom tom is offline

Default division by zero error

I have data where there is a division by zero error because nothing is
entered, but that will change when the data is entered. Is there a way I can
suppress the chart from putting 0's in its place so that there is a gap in
the chart when there is a division by zero error?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Try replacing the division formula by something along these lines:
=IF(A1="",NA(),B1/A1)
The chart engine ignores N/A
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

Division David New Users to Excel 5 July 26th 06 11:06 AM
Division by Zero Error Ken D. Excel Worksheet Functions 5 December 20th 05 01:04 PM
DIV/0! error in SumProduct formula with no division Irrational Excel Worksheet Functions 1 August 18th 05 01:39 AM
How can I prevent the "division by zero" error in this formula Watercolor artist Excel Worksheet Functions 2 June 27th 05 03:31 PM
division by zero error peter Setting up and Configuration of Excel 2 January 9th 05 08:02 PM