Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Correct Chart

I am trying to create a chart with a X-axis that shows temperature from -100
to 100 and a Y-axis that shows altitude fro 0-100. The data will create a
"wavy" line. Any suggestions on the best chart to use and how to configure
the spreadsheet to create this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In A1 enter the word Temperature; in B1 the word Altitude
In A2 down enter the temperature values
Enter -100 in A2, -90 in A3; select A2:A3 and drag the fill handle (small
solid square in bottom right corner of selected cells) down to A22 to get
values with an interval of 10.
In B2 down enter the corresponding altitude values
Click anywhere inside the arrange (or select A1 to the end of the B data)
Click the Chart wizard and specify XY chart (DO NOT use LINE) with a line
joining data point (smooth or jagged - as you wish)
The come back with the next bunch of questions
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"P. Zicari" wrote in message
I am trying to create a chart with a X-axis that shows temperature
from -100
to 100 and a Y-axis that shows altitude fro 0-100. The data will create a
"wavy" line. Any suggestions on the best chart to use and how to
configure
the spreadsheet to create this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Why did you post twice? I have just seen that Jon answered you!!!
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"P. Zicari" wrote in message
I am trying to create a chart with a X-axis that shows temperature
from -100
to 100 and a Y-axis that shows altitude fro 0-100. The data will create a
"wavy" line. Any suggestions on the best chart to use and how to
configure
the spreadsheet to create this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Mistake. After I waited and refreshed, the intial post still did not show
up. I thought there may have been an error in my initial attempt so I posted
a second time. After logging out and entering again I saw that they were
both there and could not delete the second post.

My apologies.

Thank you for the assistance.