Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bolton User

Default Chart data labels are not correct or not displayed

I have some charts that I've been using for a long time and I notice that
sometimes the data labels do show correctly or not at all. Can someone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

Bolton User

Can you give us a few more details.

What type of chart (line, XY, column) ???

How is your source data setup?

What do you expect to see for labels, what are you actually getting?

With a little more information, I'm sure we can help.

"Bolton User" <Bolton
wrote in message
I have some charts that I've been using for a long time and I notice that
sometimes the data labels do show correctly or not at all. Can someone
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bolton User

Thanks for the response.

What type of chart (line, XY, column) ???
It's a column graph with a percentage line across the top.

How is your source data setup? The data is being pulled from 3 columns of
data (numbers, numbers, and percentage) and one column with titles.

What do you expect to see for labels, what are you actually getting? I
expect to see the correct percentages. Some of the percentages are correct
and some are not and some are displayed at all.

"Bolton User" wrote:

I have some charts that I've been using for a long time and I notice that
sometimes the data labels do show correctly or not at all. Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

Bolton User

This helps a little.

As I understand it, you have a combination column and line chart which has 4
source columns for data:
1. Titles - I assume these show on lower X axis
2. Numbers - 2 sets. Are you showing both? If yes, how? As cluster or
stacked?
3. Percentage line along top

It sounds like you want a combination column and line chart.

Based on your description, it sounds like your category Titles are on lower
x axis and percentages on top X axis.

Can you select your percentage line and read your series formula? Does the
series formula point to the correct x and Y data? What is your x range for
this series and what is your y range?

You can send the file to me at and I'll take a
look it to see if I can solve your problem.

...Kelly

Thanks for the response.