Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default area chart on excel 2003

Hi everyone! sorry if i am lagging a little here but I still have the excel
2003. my issue is that I have a block chart. I have a green background and a
yellow block showing my data. What I was wanting to do is to make my yellow
block a little transparent so that it can show a little of the green
background. basically something like see-through, like gell-o. if anybody can
assist me on how to do that I would deeply appreaciate it! thank you very
much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You cannot do that readily with an area chart. With a column chart, you can
follow this approach:

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm

With an area chart, you can use an adaptation of the VBA procedures on this
web page to draw a shape, which you can make transparent (but which has to
be redrawn if the data changes).

Don't worry about still using 2003. Most Excel 2007 users are experiencing
problems, either with the new interface, or with poor performance. Take your
time, and test the new version completely before you commit.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"roger1988" wrote in message
Hi everyone! sorry if i am lagging a little here but I still have the
excel
2003. my issue is that I have a block chart. I have a green background and
yellow block showing my data. What I was wanting to do is to make my
yellow
block a little transparent so that it can show a little of the green
background. basically something like see-through, like gell-o. if anybody
can
assist me on how to do that I would deeply appreaciate it! thank you very
much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/VBAdraw.html