Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel2007 -- Precisely set plot area size?

I've searched books, Microsoft Help, and this board to find out how to
precisely resize the plot (not the chart) area and cannot find any
information. When I select the plot area, and change its size by entering
heigth & width values in the Size and Properties dialog box (Chart Tools
Format tab -- Size group) the chart area size also changes. I do not want
the chart area to change. How can I set values for the plot area and for the
chart area independently of each other?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

There is no, or has ever been, a UI which will allow you to specify the size
of the plotarea.

It maybe possible to provide this functionality via VBA.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Cassie" wrote in message
I've searched books, Microsoft Help, and this board to find out how to
precisely resize the plot (not the chart) area and cannot find any
information. When I select the plot area, and change its size by entering
heigth & width values in the Size and Properties dialog box (Chart Tools
Format tab -- Size group) the chart area size also changes. I do not
want
the chart area to change. How can I set values for the plot area and for
the
chart area independently of each other?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

It is roughly possible in VBA, but it's a kludge, and not too reliable. This
undocumented utility makes use of the technique to set the sizes of several
charts' interior plot areas the same:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...l#AlignChtDims

- Jon
-------