Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Multiple Ranges and Reversing a Series

I would like to know if the following is possible without changing the way
that my data is structured.

I have three data tables - one showing total scores by three age groups,
another showing girls scores (again by three age groups) and the same of boys
scores - although there is more than one row in each of the tables.

I want to select one row from each of the tables to construct a graph.

This works fine and I am able to construct the graph. I then however want
to flip how the bars are displayed (so that the items that are listed in the
key are now on the x axis and visa-versa).

Normally I go into source data and click on the data range tab and then
select the other checkbox (that the one already selected) in the series in
section.

However, this is greyed out (presumably because the chart is complex). Is
there any way to do this - without constructing more tables (as I have a lot
of similar things to do).

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Go to the Series tab, and switch the X and Y for each series.

In the long run, you'll find that supporting separate ranges for tabular
display and for chart source data is less trouble than figuring out
workarounds because the tabular display is inconsistent with a flexible
chart. Link both ranges to the original data, so the updating is automatic.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions