Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Multiple line charts - merged

Hi there,
I'm pretty new with plotting charts, so hoping someone can point me in the
right direction.

I'm trying to make a graph with the following:
Along the X-Axis will be the years 2000-2006
Along the Y-Axis will be numbers ranging from 0-28

I would also like another Y-Axis (on the right side of the chart) to have
numbers from 900-1800

I'm trying to make a graph that will show that the number of members has
declined over the years, while the number of people in the community has been
increasing.
Here are my columns
Year - Members - Population
2000 - 22 - 961
2001 - 27 - 1273
2002 - 16 - 1548
2003 - 5 - 1552
2004 - 6 - 1418
2005 - 3 - 1776
2006 - 2 - 1368

Thanks for your help!!
Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Clear the cell that says Year in the top left-hand corner. Select the whole
range (including the column headers). Insert/ Chart/ XY (& choose an
appropriate sub-type, with lines if you want)/ Data in columns. Continue
through, selecting your preferred options.
You'll end up with a chart with one Y-axis, but if you select your
Population series, you can use Format Series, axis tab, select secondary
axis.
Fine tune thereafter
--
David Biddulph