Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Y axis increments

Hi,
I have a column chart
On my Y axis I have -
0,2,4,6,8,
I would like it to read -
0,2,3,5,6,8
And also with the % sign behind the number.
Also-how do I get less or more space between my groups of columns(there are
4 columns in one group and 3 groups).
Also- Is there a way to get more space between the Y axis and my first group
of columns on my X axis?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
syssupspe said:
I have a column chart On my Y axis I have - 0,2,4,6,8,
I would like it to read - 0,2,3,5,6,8

You will need to make a specially-constructed axis of your own design to
replace the Excel one. Try one of these tutorials:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...ble_log_scale/

And also with the % sign behind the number.

Format the axis labels with a custom number format "General%". You can
find "Custom" at the bottom of the list of formats in Format Axis..
Number..

Also-how do I get less or more space between my groups of columns(there are
4 columns in one group and 3 groups).

Click on a column and select "Format Selected Object.. Options.."

Also- Is there a way to get more space between the Y axis and my first group
of columns on my X axis?

Make a dummy row in your data table with no data in it. That will make a
gap to keep the first group of columns away. Alternatively, you might be
able to move the custom Y-axis that you made inthe first question.

--
Del Cotter