Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
mj mj is offline

Default chart type with multiple x axis

I found a sales dashboard that I like. But I can't find a way to do this in
Excel. Has anyone seen the ability to make the horizontal bar charts like
the example here?
http://centerview.corda.com/corda/da...b/main.dashxml

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
MJ said:

I found a sales dashboard that I like. But I can't find a way to do this in
Excel. Has anyone seen the ability to make the horizontal bar charts like
the example here?
http://centerview.corda.com/corda/da...b/main.dashxml

Which ones? The horizontal bar charts in Excel will do that thing easily
enough; the "bullet charts" (one bar, being a more compact alternative
to the notorious "speedometer gauge" gimmick) require a bit more work,
but Charley Kyd has a tutorial he

http://www.exceluser.com/explore/bullet.htm

For other resources google the phrase "bullet graph" and look for
consultants like Kyd, Jon Peltier, and Stephen Few.

--
Del Cotter