Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Change the number of values/gridlines displayed in the Z-Axis...

I need to know how to change the number of Z-Axis values/gridlines
that show up along the bottom of a chart.

My problem is, Excel is automatically choosing the number of
gridlines, and for some crazy reason, it's displaying so many
gridlines that the values for each line are bunching together and
overlapping or wrapping to two rows. I only want 5 or 6 gridlines on
my chart at all times, no matter what the values are. How do I specify
that?

WATYF

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Double click on the axis, and adjust the settings on the Scale tab.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"WATYF" wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to know how to change the number of Z-Axis values/gridlines
that show up along the bottom of a chart.

My problem is, Excel is automatically choosing the number of
gridlines, and for some crazy reason, it's displaying so many
gridlines that the values for each line are bunching together and
overlapping or wrapping to two rows. I only want 5 or 6 gridlines on
my chart at all times, no matter what the values are. How do I specify
that?

WATYF

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Aug 23, 6:25 pm, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:
Double click on the axis, and adjust the settings on the Scale tab.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
Peltier Technical Services, Inc. -http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"WATYF" wrote in message

ups.com...

I need to know how to change the number of Z-Axis values/gridlines
that show up along the bottom of a chart.

My problem is, Excel is automatically choosing the number of
gridlines, and for some crazy reason, it's displaying so many
gridlines that the values for each line are bunching together and
overlapping or wrapping to two rows. I only want 5 or 6 gridlines on
my chart at all times, no matter what the values are. How do I specify
that?

WATYF

Which settings? I've been messing around with the Axis settings
(obviously) and I don't see an option to limit the amount of grid-
lines.

The data is changeable, as well. In other words, it won't always be
the same numbers driving the chart, so I can't set fixed values for
major unit/minor unit or anything like that. I just want Excel to not
clutter up that axis with a bunch of numbers. I would think it would
do that by default.

WATYF

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Oh, gridlines. You have as many major gridlines as major ticks (the ones
with labels) and as many minor gridlines as minor ticks.

Excel of course doesn't let you select the number of gridlines, just the
tick spacing. Since the data is changeable, you get a variable number of
ticks and gridlines, so you have to fine tune the chart whenever the data
changes.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"WATYF" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 23, 6:25 pm, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:
Double click on the axis, and adjust the settings on the Scale tab.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions