Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default XY Scatter chart - Axis Option

Hi, I have a user who has created an XY scatter chart, and within the
horizontal axis options dialog box chose a fixed 100.0 maximum. This mark is
not showing on his chart. If we increase the value to 200.0, the 100 marker
appears. any ideas as to why the 100 mark would not show even when the option
indicates 100.0? Choosing "Auto" does not fix it. Since I'm not familiar with
these types of charts, I'm not sure what information to provide. It seems
that if the option was set to 100.0 maximum, the 100 marker should display on
the chart. Thanks for any suggestions.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

To add a little more information, per the user:
"The chart wants to show the data in the range between 0.01 and 100. Though
you may go to 200, I just want to stop at 100 as I have other companying
figures that have the same horizontal range. The same is true for the range
of vertical axis. The key is to make sure the last number on the axes can
show up, that is 100 on the horizontal axis and 10 on the vertical axis."

suggestions?

"Tammy" wrote:

Hi, I have a user who has created an XY scatter chart, and within the
horizontal axis options dialog box chose a fixed 100.0 maximum. This mark is
not showing on his chart. If we increase the value to 200.0, the 100 marker
appears. any ideas as to why the 100 mark would not show even when the option
indicates 100.0? Choosing "Auto" does not fix it. Since I'm not familiar with
these types of charts, I'm not sure what information to provide. It seems
that if the option was set to 100.0 maximum, the 100 marker should display on
the chart. Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Try setting the Maximum to 100.1 and I assume the Number format is already
set to something like #0.0

The values displayed are based on the Minimum Value + increments of the
Major Unit.

Cheers
Andy

--